Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Off to NAIS

i'm hoping that the next few days of experience will help me determine the future path for my career.  Headship looks like it would be a challenging, fulfilling avocation, with a great deal of room for divergent thinking.  Though I love music, I can feel the beginning of burn-out.  I either need to go full-out and search for a doctoral program or pursue headship.

A few questions remain:  Do I want to go the traditional route of division head- assistant head- head, or should I find a school that could use my unique talents. 

I'm slightly surprised, looking back at what I've been a part of the past two years, to realize that my fundraising experience is rather substantial.  Hugh has given me room to raise the money I need and explore methodologies.  Number one lesson: parents and community members are the key. 

Generally, I think this might be the right direction, but many questions remain. 


No comments: